Monday, July 15, 2013

Cold Blood (Dirty Blood #2) by Heather Hildenbrand

Title: Cold Blood (Dirty Blood #2)
Author: Heather Hildenbrand
Publisher: Accendo Press
Publication Date: November 22, 2011
Source: Via the author in exchange for review.

Wood Point Academy is not at all what I expected. For one thing, it looks like a cross between military school and Buckingham Palace. Everyone stares, the floors shine so bright you can see your reflection in them from a mile away, and no one smiles. Unless they're kicking your butt in the process.
At least I've got plenty to take my mind off the fact that my psycho cousin, Miles De'Luca, keeps calling and declaring his love and promising to come for me just as soon as he's destroyed anyone standing in our way. Wes isn't going to like that idea. So between Miles, Wood Point's evil welcoming committee, and the drill sergeant hottie trainer from hell, I just keep asking myself, how did I end up here?


Cold Blood picked up right where Dirty Blood ended. It just seemed like I'd never quit reading, even being months apart. Cold Blood is once again full of action. It snags your interest from the start and doesn't let go until you've turned the last page.

Tara is sent to a boarding school for Hunters, against her wishes. Everyone there hates her. She is picked on, talked about and the subject of a few nasty pranks. We meet lots of new characters in Cold Blood. I loved them all! Cambria & Logan become Tara's new best friends. I love Cambria. She's sarcastic & hilarious. Logan is a smart surfer. (Imagine that?) But the three make a fantastic team of misfits and I loved reading about them. 

We also meet Alex. I'm really starting to like Alex and I don't want to. HA! I want to keep loving Wes. Alex is Tara's trainer at Wood Point Academy. Their relationship starts out kinda rocky but it doesn't take long for feelings to emerge  Alex is brave, kind & good at his job. He trusts Tara and believes in her. Wes is still being super over protective, even while miles away.

Miles pops back into the picture in Cold Blood. He informs Tara that he has a super secret project that he's been working on. But, obviously, I'm not going to tell you! You'll just have to read Cold Blood and find out for yourself!


I loved, loved Cold Blood. The writing is fantastic. The way Heather describes the school and the scenery, it feels like you're there! This is absolutely one of my most favorite book  series'! I can't wait to start Blood Bond now! This series just keeps getting better and better!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Instagrams