Friday, July 12, 2013

Dirty Blood by Heather Hildenbrand

Title: Dirty Blood
Author: Heather Hildenbrand
Publisher: Accendo Press
Publication Date: April 28, 2011
Source: purchased from Kobo for FREE!

I killed a girl last night. I did it with my bare hands and an old piece of pipe I found lying next to the dumpster. But that’s not the part that got me. The part that scared me, the part I can’t seem to wrap my head around and still has me reeling, was that when she charged me, her body shifted – and then she was a wolf. All snapping teeth and extended claws. But by the time I stood over her lifeless body, she was a girl again. That’s about the time I went into shock… And that was the moment he showed up.
Now, all I can do is accept the truths that are staring me in the face. One, Werewolves do exist. And Two, I was born to kill them.


Goodreads // Barnes & Noble  (FREE for Nook!) // Amazon (FREE for Kindle!)

I will start out by saying that I have never been a big werewolf fan. Unless you count Alcide from True Blood. (*swooooon*) But Heather has done an amazing job of creating a world full of werewolves that I loved! It hooked me with just the first few pages and before I knew it, I was finished and wanting more!

Our two main characters are Tara and Wes. They meet under strange circumstances. Tara is attacked after leaving a bar one night alone. She responds with amazing instincts and easily kills her attacker. But this leaves her with tons of questions and only one person who can give her answers. Wes arrives after the attack has happened and can't believe that Tara handled the situation so easily.

I love Tara and Wes' relationship. Wes is constantly pushing her away because he knows it the only way to really keep her safe. Of course he eventually gives in. It's a little frustrating at times. I wanted to just yell at them occasionally. Like come on! Kiss already. Get it out!! But what relationship doesn't have a little tension going on?

Tara discovers many things about herself through out the story. Things about who she is and what she was born to do. Her mother kept this whole world a secret from her to protect her. But we all know that trouble never stays away for long. More or less, Tara & Wes set out on their destiny, which is to change the world. At least for the werewolf/hunter part. Dirty Blood is very well written. Heather's words flow together perfectly. I seriously could not put this book down! 


Dirty Blood had me hooked from the beginning. It's full of werewolves, hunters, action and some romance. Tara is a strong female character. She's witty, tough and stands her ground. Wes is strong, caring and incredibly yummy. What more could you want in a book?! I highly, highly recommend Dirty Blood! 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Instagrams