Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Review: Cold Shadows (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #2) by J.L. Bryan

Title: Cold Shadows (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #2)
Author: J.L. Bryan (website)
Publication Date: November 28, 2014
Source: Via the author in exchange for review.

Footsteps in the attic. Toys that play by themselves. A dark presence in an upstairs room. 

Paranormal investigator Ellie Jordan faces a difficult new case. Her new clients are a family haunted by multiple ghosts and a poltergeist that wrecks their home at night. Their seven-year-old son’s invisible friends may not be imaginary at all, but the restless spirits of dead children. 

To clear her clients’ house of the dangerous entities, Ellie must unravel the mysterious deaths of another family who lived in the old mansion more than a hundred and sixty years ago—and she must do it before the ghosts can carry out their malevolent designs on her clients and their children.




Cold Shadows is the second book in the Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper Series. Cold Shadows was another great read by J.L. Bryan. This story features a whole ghost family who haunts the old house of Ellie's new client. Cold Shadows has suspense, thrills and a twist ending that I did not see coming!

I still love Ellie's character. She is a girl on a mission but never misses the chance to throw in a bit of sarcasm. And Stacey, bless her heart, she is a trip. I love watching her grow into the job of ghost trapping. Its fun to still see her quirky, came from money side show through at times. And the fact that she is all about some Jacob! I would definitely be OK with these two getting together. I wouldn't object to seeing more of Jacob in this series.

Now, this story started out not blowing my mind. It was still super interesting to read about but I just wasn't feeling it as much as the first book. This little ghost family is more self contained. Their history is just about them. While they had a tragic story to tell, it just didn't get my engine going. That is, until the end. Even I, miss self proclaimed horror buff who can predict everything, didn't see this one coming. 

And that is what makes for an excellent book.

I've heard that there is going to be lots more to come in the lives of Ellie, Stacey, Jacob and their boss (dear lord, I can't remember his name!). I already have my little paws on Book 3, The Crawling Darkness (which comes out on February 5th) and I can't wait to dive in a little deeper!

If you love anything and everything about ghost stories, pick up the Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper series. You can thank me later. :)

4 Hearts!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Instagrams